13-14 February 2020
1st LISER-IAB Conference on Digital Transformation and the Future of Work
The 1st LISER-IAB Conference on Digital Transformations and the Future of Work is organized by the Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) and the Institute for Employment Research (IAB) in order to give international researchers in social sciences an opportunity to exchange the results of recent research in different fields of the consequences of digital transformations on labour market issues.
Additional information is available at: https://sites.google.com/view/liser-iab-conference.
To plan your trip to Luxembourg (Esch-sur-Alzette, Belval campus), you may want to note that there will be a get-together on Wednesday on the campus, February 12th 2020 in the evening (not covered by the conference fees).
On Thursday 13th February registration is at 8.30-9am and the welcome is at 9.00am. The conference dinner will be on the Belval campus on Thursday 13th February evening.
On Friday 14th February coffee is available from 8.30am with sessions beginning at 9am. The academic conference ends on Friday, February 14th 2.30pm and after you can attend a round table that ends on 4.30pm.
A round table will be held about the impact of digital transformation on skills requested on the labor market and solutions in terms of training and regulation.
Our speakers will be:
- Alain de Muyser, Secrétariat Général Benelux, Secrétaire général
- Vassil Kirov, ISSK, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Associate Professor in sociology
- Frédéric Krier, OGBL, Independent Trade Union Confederation of Luxembourg, member of the Executive Board
- Mathilde Leré, IMS Luxembourg-Inspiring More Sustainability, Project Manager, FSE Info Flow Savvy
- Alex Panican, The LHoFT Foundation, Luxembourg’s dedicated Fintech Platform, Head of Partnerships and Ecosystem
- Christian Scharff, Partner, PwC Luxembourg, People & Organisation HR Technology Leader, co-author with Laurent Probst of the book “UP skill-6 steps to unlock Economic Opportunity for all”
Moderator of the Roundtable:
- Sarah Mellouet, Idea, Chamber of commerce of Luxembourg
The keynote speakers for the event are:
- Philipp Kircher (EUI Florence · Italy -- University of Edinburgh · Scotland)
- Tobias Kretschmer (University of Munich · Germany)
- Anna Margriet Salomons (Utrecht University · The Netherlands)
- Fabian Schär (University of Basel)
- Aline Muller (CEO LISER, Luxembourg)
- Marc Hansen (Minister Delegate for Digitalisation, Luxembourg)
- Dan Kersch (Minister of Labour, Employment and the Social and Solidarity Economy, Luxembourg)
The Committee includes:
- Michael Beckmann (University of Basel and IAB)
- Lutz Bellmann (IAB and University of Erlangen-Nuremberg)
- Irene Bertschek (ZEW Mannheim and University of Giessen)
- Vassil Kirov (ISSK, Bulgaria)
- Matthias Kräkel (University of Bonn)
- Astrid Kunze (Norwegian School of Economics)
- Ludivine Martin (LISER)
- Patrick Thill (LISER)
- Bertrand Verheyden (LISER)
- Enzo Weber (IAB and University of Regensburg)
- Conny Wunsch (University of Basel)
Get Blockchain Certificate of Participation for this conference.
- Additional information is available at: https://sites.google.com/view/liser-iab-conference.