Tai-Yu Ma is a senior researcher at LISER. He received his MSc. degree in Institute of Traffic and Transportation from National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, in 1995. After working 5 years in urban planning and transportation planning/management in Taiwan, he resumed his study in 2002 and obtained the DEA (MSc.) degree in Transportation from University of Paris 12 in 2004, and the Ph.D. degree in Transportation from Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées (ENPC), France, in 2008. During 2008-2012, he was a researcher in Transport Economics Laboratory, CNRS, in Lyon, France, and participated in several French and European research projects in socio-economic analysis of mobility in urban area. In 2012, he received the Foreigner Postdoc Prize of Association of Friends of University of Lyon. His research interests concern shared mobility, mobility-on-demand services, travel behavior modeling, agent and multiagent systems and multimodal transportation network analysis.
Wider Impacts and Scenario Evaluation of Autonomous and Connected Transport (COST Action (CA16222)) (WISE-ACT)
Developing mobility-on-demand solutions for sustainable mobility - the case of Luxembourg (MoDLux)
Consequential Life Cycle Assessment of multi-modal mobility policies - the case of Luxembourg (CONNECTING)
MARIANTE Gabriel Leite, MA Tai-Yu, VAN ACKER Veronique. Modeling discretionary activity location choice using detour factors and sampling of alternatives for mixed logit models. Journal of Transport Geography, 2018, vol. 72, pp. 151-165.
MA Tai-Yu, KLEIN Sylvain. Bayesian networks for constrained location choice modeling using structural restrictions and model averaging . European Journal of Transport and Infrastructure Research, 2018, vol. 18, n°1, pp. 91-111.
- MA Tai-Yu, DI PACE Roberta. Comparing paradigms for strategy learning of route choice with traffic information under uncertainty. Expert Systems with Applications, 2017, vol. 88, pp. 352-367.
- GERBER Philippe, MA Tai-Yu, KLEIN Olivier, SCHIEBEL Julien, CARPENTIER Samuel. Cross-border residential mobility, quality of life and modal shift: A Luxembourg case study. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 2017 (First Online: 3 July 2017).
- MA Tai-Yu, CHOW Joseph Y.J., XU Jia. Causal structure learning for travel mode choice using structural restrictions and model averaging algorith. Transportmetrica A: Transport Science, 2016 (First online : 25 November 2016).
- RAUX Charles, MA Tai-Yu, CORNELIS Eric. Variability in daily activity-travel patterns: the case of a one-week travel diary. European Transport Research Review, 2016, vol. 8, n°26, pp. 1-14.
- MA Tai-Yu. Bayesian networks for multimodal mode choice behavior modelling: a case study for the cross border workers of Luxembourg. Transportation Research Procedia, 2015, vol. 10, pp. 870-880.
- MA Tai-Yu, GERBER Philippe. A Hybrid Learning Algorithm for Generating Multi-Agent Daily Activity Plans. Journal of Internet Technology, 2015 (Online first 15 june 2015).
- MA Tai-Yu, GERBER Philippe, CARPENTIER Samuel, KLEIN Sylvain. Mode choice with latent preference heterogeneity: a case study for employees of the EU Institutions in Luxembourg. Transportmetrica A: Transport Science, 2015, vol. 11, n°5, pp. 441-463.
- MA Tai-Yu, GERBER Philippe. Distributed Regret Matching Algorithm for Dynamic Congestion Games with Information Provision. Transportation Research Procedia, 2014, vol. 3, pp. 3-12.
- MA Tai-Yu, GERBER Philippe, CARPENTIER Samuel, KLEIN Sylvain. Geographic, Social-cultural and Modal Usage Determinants of Activity Space: A Case Study of EU Institutions in Luxembourg and Strasbourg. Transportation Research Procedia, 2014, vol. 3, pp. 109-118.
- MA Tai-Yu, LEBACQUE Jean-Patrick. Dynamic system optimal routing in multimodal transit network. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board (TRR), 2014, n° 2351, pp. 76-84.
- MA Tai-Yu. An A* label-setting algorithm for multimodal resource constrained shortest path problem. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2014, n°111, pp. 330-339.
- GONZALEZ-FELIU J., MORANA J., SALANOVA GRAU J-M., MA T-Y. Design and scenario assessment for collaborative logistics and freight transport systems. International journal of transport economics, 2013, vol. XL, n°2. p. 207-240.
- MA Tai-Yu. A hybrid cross entropy algorithm for solving dynamic transit network design problem. Journal of Information Science and Engineering, 2013, Vol. 29, n°4, pp. 631-64.
- MA Tai-Yu, LEBACQUE Jean-Patrick. A cross-entropy based multiagent approach for multiclass activity chain modeling and simulation. Transportation research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 2013, vol. 28, pp. 116-129.
- MA T-Y. A comparative study of cross entropy approach with state-of-the-art simulation-based traffic assignment algorithms. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2012, vol. 54, n°4, pp. 749-757.
- RAUX Charles, MA Tai-Yu, JOLY Iragaël, KAUFMAN Vincent, CORNELIS Eric. Travel and activity time allocation: an empirical comparison between cities in Europe. Transport policy, 2010, vol. 18, n°2, pp. 401-412.
- MA T.-Y., RAUX C., CORNELIS E. , JOLY I. Multi-state non-homogeneous semi-markov model of daily activity type, timing and duration sequence. Transportation Research Record, 2009, n°2134, pp. 123-134.
- MA Tai-Yu. Solving a dynamic user-optimal route guidance problem based on joint strategy fictitious play. In: HAUSKEN K., ZHUANG J. (eds.) Game Theoretic Analysis of Congestion, Safety and Security. Springer, 2015, Series in Reliability Engineering, pp. 67-89.
- MA Tai-Yu. Distributed regret matching algorithm for a dynamic route guidance. In: JEZIC Gordan (et al.) Agent and Multi-Agent Systems Technologies and Applications: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. Springer, 2014, pp. 107-116.
Contributions to Conference Proceedings
MA Tai-Yu. On-demand dynamic bi-/multi-modal ride-sharing using optimal passenger-vehicle assignments. Proceeding of the 17th International Conference on Environmental and Electrical Engineering (IEEE EEEIC2017). DOI: 10.1109/EEEIC.2017.7977646.
MA Tai-Yu, MARIANTE Gabriel Leite, VAN ACKER Véronique. Location choice modeling based on mixed logit model and sampling of alternatives. In: M. Cools and S. Limbourg (Eds.) Proceedings of the BIVEC-GIBET Transport Research Days 2017. University of Liège, 2017, pp. 326-336.
RAUX Charles, MA Tai-Yu, LEMOY Remi, OVTRACHT Nicolas. A LUTI agent-based model of Lyon area: welfare analysis of some scenarios. Paris: 2014, Transport Research Arena (TRA). 5th Conference: Transport Solutions from Research to Deployment.
- MA Tai-Yu, LEBACQUE Jean-Patrick. Dynamic system optimal routing in multimodal transit network. Washington, D.C. : Proceeding of 92nd Transportation Research Board meeting, 2013.
- MA Tai-Yu, GERBER Philippe. A hybrid algorithm for fast learning individual daily activity plans for multiagent transportation simulation. In: IEEE Computer Society Conference Publishing Services. 2013 Conference on Technologies and Applications of Artificial Intelligence. National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- MA Tai-Yu, CARPENTIER Samuel, GERBER Philippe, LANNOY Pierre, RAMADIER Thierry. Mobility survey. Report for the European Investment Bank, 2013, 16 p.
- MA Tai-Yu, CARPENTIER Samuel, GERBER Philippe, LANNOY Pierre, RAMADIER Thierry. Mobility survey. Report for the Council of Europe, 2013, 16 p.
- MA Tai-Yu, CARPENTIER Samuel, GERBER Philippe, LANNOY Pierre, RAMADIER Thierry. Mobility survey. Report for the Court of Justice of the European Union, 2013, 16 p.