Data Protection Statement
The SHARE survey on health, ageing and retirement in Europe is an international survey conducted under the responsibility of "SHARE-ERIC": European Research Infrastructure Consortium, in cooperation with scientific partner and institutions in each participating country (http://www.share-project.org/organisation.html). In Luxembourg, the Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) in cooperation with the University of Liège is currently in charge of the implementation of the SHARE project, until its planned end in 2024, after 10 waves of investigations. LISER is also responsible for conducting the interviews. He works in accordance with the legal provisions on data protection.
The purpose of the SHARE survey is to help researchers to better understand the needs and living conditions of people aged 50 and over resident in Europe, as well as their families. This survey provides scientists with data on health, socio-economic status and social and family networks of individuals to address research questions related to the aging process of the population. The survey is funded, among others, by the European Commission and, in Luxembourg, by the Ministry of Research and Higher Education.
You have been randomly selected to participate in the survey. Your participation in this survey is voluntary and is based on your explicit consent.
The results of the survey will be presented in an anonymised form only, i.e. without your names or address. This means that while using the results of the survey, nobody will be able to identify the person who has provided the information in the interviews.
The same applies to follow-up interviews conducted at each wave of the survey with the same individuals - which are important to update the information after a certain period - and to interviews conducted with the relatives of deceased participants, which are also important to complete the information about the end of their lives. The information from these different interviews with the same person is linked only by an identification code, i.e. without names or addresses.
We do not transfer any data that reveals your identity to third parties..
Responsible for the compliance with the data protection provisions are:
- Prof. Aline Muller, Ph. D.
11, Porte des Sciences Campus Belval
- Prof. Dr. h.c. Axel Börsch-Supan, Ph. D.
Managing director of SHARE-ERIC
- Ass. Jur. Heidi Schuster
Data Protection Officer of SHARE-ERIC
What happens with the information that you provided?
- The interviewers from LISER enter your answers in the computer by selecting the appropriate response categories.
- The information you provide during the interview is stored with an identification code and without your name or address (i.e. in an anonymized form).
- Addresses and names are strictly stored separately from the information provided by you during the interview. This data will be stored until the end of the SHARE project only. The SHARE project ends after the last wave of data collection and the subsequent data cleaning and quality checks that are necessary to prepare a final anonymised data set for the purpose of research.
- After collection of the individual interviews, the answers will be compiled without names and addresses and the interview data will be analysed (e.g.: Table of results regarding labour situation).
- Results in scientific publications are only shown at aggregate level and groups (e.g. men, women). Information on one individual persons is not recognisable.
- In the event of follow-up interviews with the same persons, addresses and names are always stored separately from the information provided in the interviews as well.
In any case the following applies:
Your participation in this survey is absolutely voluntary. This applies in the same manner to this interview and all its parts as well as to future interviews in the course of the study. Non participation will not lead to any disadvantages for you. You can also withdraw consent at any time with effect for the future.
Furthermore, you have the right of access, correction and deletion of your personal data, the right of restriction or oppose processing concerning your person or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
In case of any questions with regard to data protection, please contact the Data Protection Officer of SHARE-ERIC, Mrs. Heidi Schuster, by calling +49-(0)89-2108-1554 or LISER, Mrs Chloë Lellinger by calling +3126.96.36.199-273 or by email: email@example.com. For other questions concerning the project, please contact LISER, by calling +3188.8.131.52.273.
You also have the right to present a complaint with the supervisory authority:
- National Commission for Data Protection, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg, https://cnpd.public.lu/en/particuliers/faire-valoir.html;
- or Data Protection Authority of Bavaria (BayLDA), Ansbach, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org.
During this interview we will also ask you questions about people close to you. This information is collected on the legal basis of the missions assigned to LISER in relation to the research purposes described in this declaration. Therefore, we kindly ask you to show this document to the other persons in your household so that they are informed of this data processing and their rights in this respect.