5-6 March 2019
International Symposium - The emergence of the Smart City
Stakes, challenges, practices and impacts on the public governance
Dates of the International Symposium: 5-6 March 2019
Date of the ADIMAP: 7 March 2019
Languages: French and English
Duration: 3 days
Venue: Belval Campus, Luxembourg
Conference website: https://www.symposium-managementpublic.com/symposium2019/
Perspectives on the transformation of management and public organizations
On 5-7 March 2019 will be held the 10th International Symposium and ADIMAP at Belval Innovation Campus, organized by the Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) and the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST), with the cooperation of Ecole Nationale d’Administration Publique (ENAP) and in partnership with LuxReal asbl.
The topic of this edition will be The emergence of the Smart City: stakes, challenges, practices and impacts for public governance. The 2019 Symposium and ADIMAP will focus on the emergence of smart cities and the managerial, technological, organizational, socio-economic and geographical changes brought about by the complexity of the stakes and the challenges to be addressed concerning urban development in the future.
Two Luxembourgish scientific institutions will join forces for the event, LIST and LISER with the cooperation of ENAP and in partnership with the LuxReal asbl:
- LISER specializes in economic, social and spatial research, questioning public policies while carrying out retrospective and anticipated evaluations on the impact of these interventions in an interdisciplinary context.
- LIST, as a public research and technology organization particularly active in the area of information technologies and with a mandate to accelerate the socio-economic development of the country by offering its advice and expertise to national policies, and contributing in particular to bringing technological innovations with socio-economic impacts to the market. As such, LIST conducts research into the development of models, methods, software and measures for intelligent systems combining human and technological aspects.
The tenth version of this event will be dedicated to promote a culture of discussion and debate between universities, elected representatives, practitioners and consultants, as well as a transfer of knowledge drafted scientifically for organizations for the common good, general interest and public service. Round tables, Scientific workshops and Technology stands will be available to participants. More details available on the conference dedicated website
- Focus 1: Public governance of Smart Cities
- Focus 2: Management and economics of technological infrastructures in Smart Cities
- Focus 3: Management and economics of Smart Cities in the spotlight of transport system modelling and mobility
- Focus 4: Management and economics of the technological, sectorial, territorial stakeholders and the citizens of the smart cities
- Focus 5: Management, economics and ethics of big data, cyber security, public freedoms and data protection of Smart Cities
- Focus 6: Health sector in Smart Cities
- Focus 7: The labour market in Smart Cities
- Focus 8: Smart Cities: “Cities and the challenge of intelligence”
Submission of presentation to organizers in PowerPoint format (English) - 20 February 2019
Dates of the 10th Symposium - 5 and 6 March 2019
Date of the ADIMAP - 7 March 2019
The provisional programme of the International Symposium 2019 is now available and will be updated regularly.
Several round tables are organised as part of the 10th edition of the International Symposium that will take place in Belval (Luxembourg) on March 05-06, 2019.
In partnership with
With the cooperation of