1st LUX-ERC Workshop @ Liser, Belval, Luxembourg
May 12-13, 2022
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) and the Department of Economics and Management of the University of Luxembourg organized a Workshop with five recent ERC Grant winners from Europe (Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Norway and Spain).
On Thursday evening, the grant candidates went to the Luxembourgish Mosel for a small nice trip. They visited a familial vineyard in Remich where they discovered the universe of the Luxemburgish winemaking, and tasted a selection of our national wines in the property's wooded garden. The evening continued with a dinner in a typical restaurant in Remerschen.
The grant winners, of 2020 and 2021, made a presentation about their research projects related to the ERC grant. This event gave them the opportunity to enrich their contacts with researchers from LISER, from the University of Luxembourg and from other European institutes.
Participating ERC Winners:
- Manudeep Bhuller, University of Oslo, Causes and Consequences of Labor Market Flexibility
- Jan Eeckhout, Pompeu Fabra, Spain, Market Power and Secular Macroeconomic Trends
- Paula Gobbi, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Revolutionary transition: inheritance change and fertility decline
- Camille Perchoux, LISER, Geographic environments, daily activities and stress: a study on the space-time fragmentation of exposure patterns
- Sebastian Siegloch, ZEW and University of Mannheim, Housing, Inequality and Public Policies